Do you have a mechanics/structural background with an interest for Finite Element Analysis, programming, Vortex Induced Vibrations (VIV) or pipelines? Do you want to develop and apply your skills in an expanding team of world leading experts?
DNV GL Pipeline Team is strengthening our team delivering advisory, verification and technology development projects to the pipeline industry.
Our team of 45 subsea pipeline engineers create and deliver world class services that range from early concept, through detailed design and operations, to decommissioning and abandonment. We are a competence center related to the full life cycle of offshore pipelines, and take on the role as expert, solutions provider and standard setter for our clients.
Pipelines are one of the fundamental parts in all subsea developments and gain high focus in the industry. We deliver certification, verification and technical advisory services related to pipelines covering design verification, technology qualification, integrity management including condition assessments and risk-based inspection planning, life extension studies, and repair systems. Our main market is the North Sea, but we get involved in projects all over the world, supporting our local offices and global clients.
We also invest heavily in research and development (R&D) in close co-operation with the industry, using our accumulated knowledge to develop tomorrow's standards and software products. Being serious about getting on board the digital train, we are currently working with several exciting concepts within digital services and we are leading within the digitalization of our services within Oil & Gas. Our aim is to maintain our role as a leading solutions provider for our clients in the digital future.
We are looking to strengthen our two pipeline units with graduates and young engineers to fill the following positions:
- Junior/Senior pipeline engineer (0-6 years’ experience)
- VIV & Freespan engineer (0-6 years’ experience)
- Finite Element Analysis engineer (graduates)
As a successful candidate, you have a keen interest in developing new skills and working in a highly multi-disciplinary team. Experience from work or education within either Pipeline Engineering, Vortex induced Vibrations, structural engineering, mechanics, Finite Element Method or programming is required, but you will of course get the opportunity to learn from the best pipeline specialists.
You will take on key roles in multi-discipline projects, carrying out technical analysis, development of codes and standards, developing numerical models and implementing them in our software packages. We are experiencing significant growth, allowing you to be part of development and execution of our growing technical services expected to be vital for two Pipeline units’ future.
Typical tasks and expectations are:
- Carry out technical work within projects and deliver consultancy services to customers
- Develop numerical models, both FE and analytical, and software implementation in R&D projects and joint industry projects
- Support software development of internal and commercial tools
- Conduct advanced non-linear structural analysis
- Work with development and maintenance of DNV GL codes and standards
- Work and integrate well with the pipeline team
- Our working day is dynamic and provides opportunities within a large variety of demanding projects. This is a unique opportunity to work and contribute as part of a team of world leading experts, and for personal and professional development in a highly international context