Student Mentor Program at Schibsted!
Søknadsfrist: 30. september 2021 12:00
Hi there, you brilliant student!
Just thinking out loud; what if we had a door that opens up the knowledge, competence and the smart brains of a company that has 182 years of experience? What would you even do with that opportunity? Maybe invent something, optimize how we sell stuff or just climb onto the next big stage of your career?
Schibsted Connect is that door – your door to insight and new contacts. It is our buddy program where you will be connected with one of our Schibsted colleagues. Through meetings you will mutually share thoughts, ideas, and experiences. This exchange of information is the bridge that gives both sides of the river a better understanding of the world. We encourage you to ask us anything, and in return we get to pick your ultra-modern brain.
This is not a traineeship or an internship. It's an informal way of establishing connections and initiating conversations between people. We mentor you, and you mentor us.
Take part in our two way mentoring program: Schibsted Connect!
You will be “matched” with one Schibsted employee as your professional buddy. We see this as a win-win relationship for both parts who are looking for inspiration and a broader network.
More specifically, the Schibsted Connect program looks like this:
- Start in November 2021 and monthly meetings until June 2022. The meetings might be digital or in person, depending on location and match.
- You and your buddy will meet each other for the first time at the kickoff event in November.
- It is a self paced and self driven program, meaning that it’s up to both of you to book the meetings and decide on topics and activities.
- We expect a minimum of six meetings during the program.
- End of program event June 2022
What's in it for you?
There are many reasons why you should apply to Schibsted Connect. Here are some of them:
- You will be introduced to the Schibsted family and build your professional network.
- Share your ideas with your Schibsted Buddy, who knows, maybe you will come up with something revolutionary together?
- You will get direct access to the HR team at Schibsted who recruits for the entire Schibsted family. During Schibsted Connect they will invite you to a CV and application course.
- Access to Schibsted´s social media. Use this opportunity to influence others by publishing a post about your journey with us.
- Receive invitations to various Schibsted events and activities (* events may be affected by the Covid-19 situation and location).
Who are you?
- You are a student with 1-2 years left of your education, bachelor or masters.
- You are studying for example economics, UX, marketing, communication, journalism or data technology.
- You live in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark or Polen.
- You are innovative, driven and have a desire to rethink things.
- We are also inspired by brave people who like to take risks and who feel comfortable with the fact that sometimes you will fail on the road to success, but who still do not give up.
- Schibsted loves humble team players that see themselves as a part of something bigger instead of the center of it.
Are we the one you are looking for?
Click on “apply” and submit your application today! Link your LinkedIn profile or add your CV and attach a document where you answer the following questions:
What are your expectations for the Schibsted Connect program and what do you hope to get out of it?
What is your dream job?
During your time with us, we will work hard to make you feel that you can grow, thrive and have fun. We cannot guarantee that Schibsted Connect will lead to employment with us, but we are sure that it opens a door for development and inspiration, both for you and for us. And hopefully, you will choose Schibsted as your employer in the future and we will continue to grow together.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please send in your application in English.
Application deadline is September 30th. The selection will be done with an inclusive perspective.
To learn more about Schibsted Connect,